Jun 6, 2014

New Beginning

A few months ago the parental units decided it would be a fabulous idea to sell the only home my brother and I remember living in; the home we basically grew-up in, created most of our childhood memories in, and of course cherished like no other home we had before. Moving into the new house was a struggle. Not because I only had 2 hours of sleep the evening prior, but because everything seemed so foreign and unsettling, it just didn't feel like our house. I wasn't sure how I felt about anything anymore, and I wasn't motivated to do anything ...That was until, I found the garden.

The garden at my new house is hard to miss as it's so big, but I was in such a narrow-minded space that I didn't even allow myself to see any of the amazing things this new place had to offer. The first time I explored the garden, I found myself in a state of nostalgia and pure happiness. It sent me back to a time when I was young, and all I ever wanted to do was run around and explore. Every separate area of the garden has its own unique charm and character, and I could've sat out there for days. 

Today I decided to spend some time out there, basking in the winter sunshine, catching some vitamin D and drinking copious amounts of lemon and ginger tea (yum) to help me get over the pesky sickness I have at the moment.

Hint: If you haven't spent some serious down-time hanging out in nature as of late, it's time to do just that. 







Wearing: Vintage David Lawrence tee, Doc Martins, First Avenue London duffel coat, Sportsgirl scarf, Cierzo brooch, Ray Ban Glasses, Just Jeans denim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment